Project’s Goal: To improve the learning environment for PWDs at TUC and beyond
The project strives to create a conducive learning environment to enable students with disabilities to live a “near normal” life on campus where they can study, live, operate independently and thrive.
The project expected outcomes include:
- Persons with Disabilities to enjoy the same opportunities as other students and staff in accessing the built environment and services at TUC.
- Staff, lecturers, and students to demonstrate competency and a change of attitude and behaviour in inclusive practice.
- TUC to be the University of Choice – All inclusive.
- TUC to be a model of other universities in Africa when it comes to Disability mainstreaming.
- Students, lecturers, and staff change of attitude and behavior.
- Improved in research and publication of disability studies.